200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
Check here for updates on upcoming yoga teacher trainings in the Metro Vancouver area!
200 Hour Hatha Yoga teacher training
Lead Facilitator Lauren Roegele ERYT 500
Hosted at Vayusha Yoga
The 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program at Vayusha Yoga follows the guidelines set out by the Yoga Alliance, ensuring the highest educational standards of quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Participants will develop the necessary skills to teach a safe and well-balanced yoga class, along with establish a strong personal practice through movement & objective internal observation.
The lead facilitator Lauren Roegele prides herself on exceptional yoga training and has years of experience teaching teachers as she was the program director at the Vancouver School of Yoga from 2012 – 2016. The philosophy of this training is to make the practice of Yoga safe and accessible, while honoring the traditions of Yoga and playing a part in its’ modern evolution.
Participants need only have the desire to embark on this life-long discipline, and commit their full attention to the study and practice of Hatha yoga for the duration of the 200hour YTT program.
Graduates will receive a Yoga Alliance recognized certificate and can expect to be employable worldwide in the yoga industry. Please note students must meet graduation requirements to receive final certification, this is to be reviewed in the student agreement.
GUEST TEACHERS: Carli-Jean Loptson, Anne Jones, Tianne Allen, Jasmine Berry & Leanne Kitteridge
- Principles of Practice – Breaking down the level 1 syllabus of postures (called yoga labs), completing the 200hr YTT workbook (both in and out of the classroom), experiencing the practice through both teacher and student lead practices.
- Teaching methodology – Learn the skill behind successfully teaching a well-balanced yoga class. This includes, sequencing, language, teaching drills, group & partner work.
- Verbal & non-verbal adjustments
- Anatomy – movement literacy
- Restorative Yoga
- Pre-natal Yoga
- Broad overview of the history of yoga
- Study of Patanjali’s yoga sutras
- Ethics and lifestyle
- Business of Yoga
- Teaching practicums
- Final exam & workbook completion
Schedule & Dates
Starts Wednesday Sept 20th ends Sunday Dec.10th
- Wednesday nights 5 – 9pm
- Sundays 9am – 6pm
- 5 Saturdays 9am – 6pm (1 hour break for lunch), Sept 30th, Oct.14th, Nov.18th, Dec.2nd & Dec. 9th.
Tuition & fees
**$200 Registration Fee (non-refundable, put towards tuition)
Texts and Supplies
Vayusha Yoga will supply any needed yoga props. Students must bring their own yoga mat & each student is responsible for purchasing;
- Light on Yoga, by B.K.S. Iyengar
Tuition price includes YTT Manual, Anatomy book & Patanjali’s yoga sutras for each participant. Also includes a 3 month unlimited membership to Vayusha Yoga.
- Minimum age of 18
- Completed application form
- Fluency in English
- No disability or disease that could impede the learning process of the individual or jeopardize the health and safety of fellow students/clients
- Prior (1 year) experience with yoga – Many students have asked if it is important to have an advanced physical practice in order to teach Yoga. The ability to perform difficult postures is not necessarily a hallmark of advanced practice. Advanced practice is more about how you approach the postures than what you look like in them.
- Read, understand & sign student agreement & YTT policies, which indicate the attendance policy (If you miss more than 16 hours of this training you are NOT eligible for graduation without doing makeup work at students cost).