In this (40hr.) Yin Yoga immersion, Lauren will address the elements of Yin Yoga, and how to incorporate this practice into your body and into your classroom. This course is completed over 2 weeks (a few evenings & weekends). All training days will include relevant lecture, question and answer periods, teacher led asana practice, partner work, small group work, time teaching and take home homework assignments.
This training will cover:
- What is Yin yoga & the main concepts behind the practice
- What is Yin & Yang.
- The power of Intention & approach.
- Yin tissues vs. yang tissues and why it’s important to “exercise” them differently.
- Compression vs. tension – what’s holding us back in a posture.
- The different ways we can move & direct energy in our body/practice.
- Exploration of Chinese meridian lines as they pertain to Yin yoga.
- Yin yoga posture break downs.
- Yin yoga sequencing.
- Time as a teacher teaching yin yoga.
The price of training includes your textbook; “The complete guide to yin yoga” by Bernie Clark and you will receive a certification.
- Wed Feb.19th 6 – 8pm
- Sat Feb.22nd 10am – 6pm
- Sun Feb.23rd 10am – 6pm
- Wed Feb.26th 6 – 8pm
- Sat Feb.29th 10am – 6pm
- Sun Mar.1st 10am – 6pm
This training has 36 in classroom hours + 4 hours of homework.
Register through Vayusha Yoga
or CLICK HERE for online registration