200 Hour Hatha Yoga teacher training hosted by Vayusha Yoga
COVID 19 UPDATED INFO Part Online and Part in person. Max 12 participants to honour social distancing guidelines. More information below.
Lead Facilitator Lauren Roegele ERYT 500
Guest teachers: Carli-Jean Loptson, Anne Jones, Jasmine Berry and Leena Joshi
FREE INFO SESSIONS: Held through ZOOM. Pls pre-register for these info sessions so we can email you the Zoom link prior to the session.
Monday July 27th @ 7:45pm – VIRTUAL through ZOOM
Monday Aug.24th @7:45pm – Virtual through ZOOM
The 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program at Vayusha Yoga follows the guidelines set out by the Yoga Alliance, ensuring the highest educational standards of quality, integrity, and professionalism. This program also follows Fraser Health COVID 19 guidelines which is why the program is part online and part in person with a max of 12 participants.
Participants will develop the necessary skills to teach a safe and well-balanced yoga class, along with establish a strong personal practice through movement & objective internal observation.
The lead facilitator Lauren Roegele prides herself on exceptional yoga training and has many years of experience teaching teachers as she was the program director at the Vancouver School of Yoga from 2012 – 2016 and has been leading this annual 200hr training at Vayusha since 2017. The philosophy of this training is to make the practice of Yoga safe and accessible, while honoring the traditions of Yoga and playing a part in its’ modern evolution.
Participants need only have the desire to embark on this life-long discipline, and commit their full attention to the study and practice of Hatha yoga for the duration of the 200hour YTT program.
Graduates will receive a Yoga Alliance recognized certificate and can expect to be employable worldwide in the yoga industry. Please note students must meet graduation requirements to receive final certification, this is to be reviewed in the student agreement on the first day and can be discussed ahead of time at the posted information session or at an arranged call with Lauren.
- Principles of Practice – Breaking down the level 1 syllabus of postures (called yoga labs), completing the 200hr YTT workbook (both in and out of the classroom), experiencing the practice through both teacher and student lead practices.
- Teaching methodology – Learn the skill behind successfully teaching a well-balanced yoga class. This includes, sequencing, language, teaching drills, group & partner work.
- Verbal adjustments (non verbal adjustments to be determined as per COVID 19 protocols)
- Anatomy – movement literacy
- Broad overview of the history of yoga
- Study of Patanjali’s yoga sutras
- Mindfulness meditation w/Leena Joshi
- Ethics and lifestyle
- Business of Yoga
- Teaching practicums
- Final exam & workbook completion
Schedule & Dates: Note Virtual vs In Person
Starts Wednesday Sept 16th ends Sunday Dec.6th 2020
- Mondays VIRTUAL 6:15 – 7:15pm Yoga asana class
- Wednesdays VIRTUAL 6 – 9pm Yoga asana + Lecture
- Saturdays 12 – 6pm IN PERSON @ Vayusha Yoga
- Sundays VIRTUAL meditation 9 – 10am + 12 – 6pm IN PERSON @ Vayusha Yoga
Tuition & fees
**$200 Registration Fee (non-refundable, put towards tuition. Would be refunded if any COVID isolation was put into place) – Payment plans are available, please inquire with Joey through Vayusha Yoga at email@example.com.
Texts and Supplies
Vayusha Yoga will supply any needed yoga props. Students must bring their own yoga mat & each student is responsible for purchasing;
- Light on Yoga, by B.K.S. Iyengar
Tuition price includes YTT Manual, Patanjali’s yoga sutras book and Ethics textbook for each participant. Also includes a 3 month unlimited membership to Vayusha Yoga to be used during the YTT time period both virtually and in person.
- Minimum age of 18
- Completed application form. Link through vayushayoga.com
- Fluency in English
- No disability or disease that could impede the learning process of the individual or jeopardize the health and safety of fellow students/clients
- Prior (1 year) experience with yoga – Many students have asked if it is important to have an advanced physical practice in order to teach Yoga. The ability to perform difficult postures is not necessarily a hallmark of advanced practice. Advanced practice is more about how you approach the postures than what you look like in them.
- Read, understand & sign student agreement & YTT policies, which indicate the attendance policy (If you miss more than 20 hours of this training you are NOT eligible for graduation without doing makeup work at students cost. With all the virtual options, makeups are easy to accommodate).
Past Student testimonials
“This program exceeded my expectations and I can honestly say deciding to complete this training was one of the best, if not the best decision I’ve ever made. Whether you want to be a yoga teacher or just want it for personal growth, you will come out confident to be a great yoga teacher and you will also have a new perspective and more self love. If you’re afraid of the time commitment adding to the stress in your life, you’ll actually be learning to take BETTER care of yourself throughout it. I believe this program is the best of it’s kind and I feel lucky to live in the area so I could attend (and I live in the U.S. so don’t count it out if you live in the states:) Lauren (and all the teachers) are hands down, AMAZING! So knowledgable with a lot of experience, yet not dogmatic in their teaching. They recognize everyone’s body is different and that everything depends on the intention:) If you’re thinking about YTT, you won’t be sorry you chose this one!” – Allie